As some of you may have noticed, this forum has declined in usage by our "regular" users and with that has come some changes that have been brought to my attention.
We have been getting a lot of "outsiders" lately, mainly consisting of commuters who complain about the railroad and knock it constantly. This is not the venue for that. This is a forum to share historical anecdotes, pictures and information, NOT to complain about how the train to Huntington last night was 13 minutes late and how the crew wasn't doing their job. If you wish to talk about that, write the Railroad - there's nothing we can do for you here. All that's doing is driving our most popular contributors away.
Also, to the employees that post information here, watch what you say and please keep it clean. I know that this forum's web address has been posted on the UTU website and it now has a wider audience, so to all that use it, just be smart in what you choose to share and please, no Union shop talk! Management reads this site as well as thelirr.com.
If anybody has questions or comments, please send a PM to me.
Welcome to the Long Island Rail Road forum on RAILROAD.NET!
- This forum is meant for the discussion of railroad-related topics pertaining to the Long Island Rail Road, past and present. Questions regarding the New York & Atlantic (NYAR) may be posted, but we do have a specific forum that may help you better: http://railroad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=115
- Any members who wish to reference a current news article from another site are encouraged to summarize the article in their own words, and provide a link back to the original. Due to copyright concerns, we cannot all users to copy and past entire articles to this forum.
- Thread titles may be edited for content and clarity at the Moderator's discretion. "HELP!" and other one-word thread titles are discouraged.
- Offensive or abusive posts from anyone will be removed immediately. Posts of a questionable or dubious nature will also be removed immediately.
- Any questions or comments about the operation of this forum or the site in general can be addressed to either the moderators or the site administraros (just click on the "email" tab at the bottom of this message or click the Contact Us button at the top).
Welcome aboard! We look forward to your contributions!
- Otto Vondrak, Site Administrator
--------------------------- I do not own this web site, nor do I serve any administrative function. Please contact the Site Administrator for assistance. -omv