Chistmas in August

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

Chistmas in August

Postby Commuter X » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:31 pm

I think I may have my unpunched August 2016 ticket somewhere

http://www.mymtaalerts.com/m?866C4
Commuter X

Re: Chistmas in August

Postby KT3 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:22 am

They would have been better off if they had just written: WE MESSED UP IN A MASSIVE WAY.

Hard to comprehend how they could have used the wrong ticket stock not once but actually twice for the same month. Surely someone is responsible for checking this BEFORE the tickets are printed?

We're seeing the messy results of an organization desperately trying to pull itself into the 21st century but still stuck with 20th century technology and ways of doing things. Still not an excuse for screwing this up in two completely different ways for the same month.
KT3

Postby geico » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:01 am

KT3 wrote:They would have been better off if they had just written: WE MESSED UP IN A MASSIVE WAY.

Hard to comprehend how they could have used the wrong ticket stock not once but actually twice for the same month. Surely someone is responsible for checking this BEFORE the tickets are printed?

We're seeing the messy results of an organization desperately trying to pull itself into the 21st century but still stuck with 20th century technology and ways of doing things. Still not an excuse for screwing this up in two completely different ways for the same month.

I think the problem is not that they used the wrong tickets, but when they were testing the stock that was delivered it was faulty so they had to switch to alternate ticket stock
geico

Postby tahawus84 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:54 pm

So if I use my August 2016 ticket they will accept it?
tahawus84

Return to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)