Helena Returns!!!

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

Helena Returns!!!

Postby HalMallon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Hands off the Third Track project!!!

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/laura-curran-helena-williams-nassau-1.15403475

Helena Williams, ex-LIRR president, tapped for Nassau deputy job

Nassau County Executive-elect Laura Curran has selected Helena Williams, former Long Island Rail Road president, as her chief deputy county executive — a position in which she can manage all aspects of county government, from parks and assessments to the revitalization of Nassau Coliseum property.
HalMallon

Re: Helena Returns!!!

Postby Head-end View » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 pm

I'm not sure what to make of this. I remember the LIRR employees on this board felt strongly that she and her staff were not effective railroad managers. However, I seem to recall her being reasonably well thought of years ago when she managed the bus system in Nassau County. So it will remain to be seen whether she can be effective in county government management.
Head-end View

Postby adamj023 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 am

I am not a Democrat nor vote for them and she would not have been my choice nor do I reside in Nassau County anymore.

Joe Lhota was deputy mayor for Giuliani who became chairman of the MTA. Helena Williams essentially has a similiar position now in Nassau County lined up. I don’t think she will be good at all nor would I have voted for a democrat if I lived in Nassau County. Democrats are making these communities unaffordable and keep redirecting wealth into the public sector.
adamj023

Postby nyandw » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 am

nyandw

Postby Liquidcamphor » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm

I am not a Democrat nor vote for them and she would not have been my choice nor do I reside in Nassau County anymore.

Joe Lhota was deputy mayor for Giuliani who became chairman of the MTA. Helena Williams essentially has a similiar position now in Nassau County lined up. I don’t think she will be good at all nor would I have voted for a democrat if I lived in Nassau County. Democrats are making these communities unaffordable and keep redirecting wealth into the public sector.

Before this thread hosts an argument please try to not be too political when you post something.
Liquidcamphor

Return to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)