Old Patchogue Station Raze

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

Old Patchogue Station Raze

Postby nyandw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Anyone with a photo of the temp LIRR trailer ticket office set up in front of PD tower during the July, 1963 station raze/new station opening? :-)

Image
Patchogue demolition crane 05//16/1963

Here's a nice look July, 1963 after the old station raze and the new station under construction:
Image

The older depot was razed as of 5/16/1963. This depot was torn down before the new depot was built as the newer depot was constructed on nearly the same spot as the old depot, unlike other LIRR locations where the old building remained in service while the new depot was built and opened on 7/30/1963.

In this photo: Ex-Patchogue Gas Co./LILCO "Gas Ball" in background to the right of the Water Tower based on Emery maps, etc. The Patchogue Former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) was operated from 1904 to 1926. The company was a small operation, converting coal and/or petroleum products to a flammable gas for use in lighting and industry. The company was sold to Long Island Lighting Company (LILCO) Note: The new station platform lights are already in place as the PELCO pole-climbers are very busy.
User avatar
nyandw
 
Posts: 3064
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:41 am

Return to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests