P72 wiring diagram?

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

P72 wiring diagram?

Postby RGlueck » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 am

There has been a request on Railway Preservation News for a wiring diagram for LIRR P72 coaches. Anyone have such an animal? You can make contact by going directly to that forum, or contacting me, and I'll do the shuttle work.
RGlueck

Re: P72 wiring diagram?

Postby nyandw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:45 pm

RGlueck wrote:There has been a request on Railway Preservation News for a wiring diagram for LIRR P72 coaches. Anyone have such an animal? You can make contact by going directly to that forum, or contacting me, and I'll do the shuttle work.

Might the PRRTS, be of help?
nyandw

Postby jhdeasy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 am

The Newberry Library in Chicago has a vast archive of Pullman documents. Since Pullman built these cars for LIRR, they may have such a document in their collection.

http://www.newberry.org
jhdeasy

Postby RGlueck » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you for these suggestions. I have a hunch, some private collection holds exactly what these folks are looking for. I wonder if the LIRR has emptied all their files of historic ROW and retired equipment blueprints and drawings? I'll bet thousands are still tucked away, waiting for a responsible party to review what's there.
RGlueck

Postby nyandw » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 am

RGlueck wrote:Thank you for these suggestions. I have a hunch, some private collection holds exactly what these folks are looking for. I wonder if the LIRR has emptied all their files of historic ROW and retired equipment blueprints and drawings? I'll bet thousands are still tucked away, waiting for a responsible party to review what's there.

Based on the "Goodfellow dump" and the LIRR's(MTA) view of historical preservation, I'd vote no... as my opinion based on past performance. :-(
nyandw

Postby Backshophoss » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 am

Are you looking for the original MP72 wiring diagram,or the after conversion to a P72 600 vdc HEP coach/parlor car
Not sure if the Builder's prints were archived somewhere. Might be a lost cause to find the LIRR created blueprints of the conversion
to the HEP coach/parlor car. :(
Backshophoss

Postby RGlueck » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:07 am

We're still looking for the "golden ticket". If you see something, say something! I still think some of those diagrams and plans may be tucked away someplace.
RGlueck

Return to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)