My LIRR Website Update August 2017

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

Re: My LIRR Website Update August 2017

Postby krispy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Nice job as always Steve! Both Southampton and Westhampton are high seniority jobs and the ticket clerks/agents took meticulous care of their stations. One (SN?) had a lot of memorabilia in it as well. I also like the bit at the end of the page by Dave Morrison. I may have spoken to him that night. I started my first day posting PD on that night and once the operator realized I had a enough knowledge to get by, went about mounting some new things to the sink area, having being handy and scored some good deals at Pergament. Having no idea on how bad this fire was going to be, at some point I was like, "Dude, ya better get the phone, this sounds bad..." And so started the great wildfires of '95 for the LIRR. An interesting night of posting for me!
krispy

Re: My LIRR Website Update August 2017

Postby nyandw » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 pm

krispy wrote:Nice job as always Steve! Both Southampton and Westhampton are high seniority jobs and the ticket clerks/agents took meticulous care of their stations. One (SN?) had a lot of memorabilia in it as well. I also like the bit at the end of the page by Dave Morrison. I may have spoken to him that night. I started my first day posting PD on that night and once the operator realized I had a enough knowledge to get by, went about mounting some new things to the sink area, having being handy and scored some good deals at Pergament. Having no idea on how bad this fire was going to be, at some point I was like, "Dude, ya better get the phone, this sounds bad..." And so started the great wildfires of '95 for the LIRR. An interesting night of posting for me!

Wow..Updated with more fire anecdotes: http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/Westhampton/Westhampton.htm about this.
nyandw

Return to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)