Houston, Harvey Disaster Rail Updates

For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

Re: Houston, Harvey Disaster Rail Updates

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:52 am

Latest from Amtrak, dated Sept 8th:

Service between Los Angeles and New Orleans via Houston by the Amtrak Sunset Limited (Trains 1 & 2) resumes effective with the departures of the eastbound Train 2 on Wednesday, Sept. 13, from Los Angeles and westbound Train 1 on Saturday, Sept. 16, from New Orleans.

Amtrak appreciates the work done by Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF Railway to reopen the portion of the route that was closed between San Antonio and New Orleans following the landfall of Hurricane Harvey.
I ride the (MTA Maryland) Penn Line (between Odenton and Baltimore). I used to work for MTA Maryland's IT department, and out of professional courtesy my responses may be limited. Wikimapia is wonderful (for track/interlocking locations)!
STrRedWolf

Re: Houston, Harvey Disaster Rail Updates

Postby John_Perkowski » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:20 am

Union Pacific Corporate Update on Harvey

BNSF update

Kansas City Southern reporting end of force majeure and embargoes.

Finally, as noted in the Amtrak forum, the Sunset Limited, Trains 1/2, are starting their service again.

With these updates, we will retire this thread on Friday to General Discussion, Class 1.
~John Perkowski: Moderator: General Discussion: Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Equipment
Assistant Administrator: Railroad.net/forums
Please don't feed the spammers! If you see spam, please notify a Moderator
John_Perkowski

Previous

Return to General Class I and II Discussion