Stainless Steel "Ocean"

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

Re: Stainless Steel "Ocean"

Postby timberley » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:29 am

For anyone interested, I have started a blog to document my cross-Canada trip from April. This includes the stainless steel Ocean in both directions.

Here's part 1, which is all on the Ocean: http://timstraintravels.blogspot.ca/2017/07/cross-canada-trip-2017-day-1.html

It continues in part 2, which then leads to the Canadian: http://timstraintravels.blogspot.ca/2017/07/cross-canada-trip-2017-day-2-part-1.html

Feel free to follow, if you're so inclined :)
Tim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't
Beat
Canadian Railways
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
timberley

Postby gaspeamtrak » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Excellent Blog so far ! What are you waiting for ??? Click on the link !!!:):):)
gaspeamtrak

Postby timberley » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:43 pm

gaspeamtrak wrote:Excellent Blog so far ! What are you waiting for ??? Click on the link !!!:):):)

Thanks! Today I added Day 3, which is the first full day on the Canadian (through northern Ontario). The trip was 9 days in total, so I'm a third of the way through! Though I may have to split a couple more of those days into multiple posts, and there will also be a separate post in there just to tour through the interior of the train.
Tim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't
Beat
Canadian Railways
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
timberley

Postby marquisofmississauga » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you, Tim, for posting your blog and photos. I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to do so (I couldn't do it).
marquisofmississauga

Postby timberley » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am

marquisofmississauga wrote:Thank you, Tim, for posting your blog and photos. I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to do so (I couldn't do it).

It is indeed quite a bit of effort - on average, each post takes me about 2 hours to write up and get all the photos in, and that's even with working 90% from my detailed notes that I took on board, and not doing any major editing to the photos. I could easily spend a lot more time on this...

But I enjoy it, which is why I'm doing it. I've always liked writing up trip reports, and I've always enjoyed reading others' reports, so since this was such a special trip I felt it deserved special documentation!
Tim
Can't
Beat
Canadian Railways
timberley

Previous

Return to Canadian Passenger Operations: AMT, Go Transit, VIA, etc.