Binghamton Crew Territory

Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.

Binghamton Crew Territory

Postby DURR5017116 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Hello All,

To get straight to the point, I am interviewing for a conductor position in Binghamton next week and I was curious as to what lines/territory I might have to qualify on if I were to be hired. I don't know much about the operations here as of now.

Thanks!!
DURR5017116

Re: Binghamton Crew Territory

Postby johnpbarlow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:59 am

I think Binghamton-based crews work the two ex-D&H lines radiating out of Binghamton: to/from Mohawk Yard/Mechanicville/Saratoga to the north and to/from Allentown/Enola to the south. The Southern Tier between Binghamton and Buffalo is handled by Buffalo-based crews, I believe. There are also a number of yard jobs and locals operating in and around Binghamton yard.
johnpbarlow

Postby JoeCollege » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:18 pm

There have been some rumors of a local based out of Oneonta as well, territory to be Afton up to Delanson. Can't imagine there's that much business but the old head I talked to said there was enough plus some on the horizon. Either way, it's good to see some folks getting good-paying jobs in the Binghamton area.
JoeCollege

Postby malfunctjct » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:57 pm

Binghamton has 4 roads pools. A pool that goes north to Saratoga and Mechanicville. A pool that runs Binghamton to Enola. A pool to Allentown and a pool to Northumberland.

Also, there are currently 3 road locals based in Binghamton along with yard jobs operating 24/7. Binghamton extra list covers the jobs that operate out of Taylor, PA.

Any questions feel free to message me.
The dispatcher you are trying to contact is currently unavailable. Please try again later. On delay report please refer to error code: CP Rail.
malfunctjct

Return to Norfolk Southern