Rigby Yard — Activity, Sightings, and General Discussion

Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

Re: Rigby Yard — Activity, Sightings, and General Discussion

Postby newpylong » Wed May 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Oh okay. When the tower at Deerfield was closed they moved the controls to the East End yard office and they remained active for some time.
newpylong

Postby Bulkheadflat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:37 am

Watched a solid line of at least 30-40 Csxt gondolas in a row rolling out of the storage area on the west side of Rigby the other day, wonder what that's all about ?
Bulkheadflat

Postby newpylong » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:31 am

They've run out of places to hold Everett dirty dirt empties so they've sent them that far east.
newpylong

Postby Bulkheadflat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Over the past year or so I've been noticing a different type of open top highside hoppers coming thru Rigby. I'd seen them in large numbers around NYC and Long Island, as well as around the Boston region, where I believe they carry C&D waste, but never up here previously. They are usually black or grey, and generally have REGX, FWTX, WCTX and a few other reporting marks. They often arrive in groups of 6-12 in a row. I wonder if they are being set at a customer in Maine, or are some type of bridge traffic?
Bulkheadflat

Previous

Return to Pan Am Railways (formerly Guilford Rail System)