Portsmouth Branch Activity

Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

Re: Portsmouth Branch Activity

Postby MECFAN » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 pm

The current trend lately is to arrive at Rockingham late afternoon, runaround train and head to Portsmouth. If they get in town early enough they may do some work or just can and go home. I guess they have been parking the engine at Gosling overnight now days. Either way they finish up next day and head back to Rock and then back to Portland.
This week they came in Monday night worked Tuesday and went to Rock on Wednesday as far as I could keep track of.
Its hit or miss, usually in twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays but you never know.
MECFAN

Postby ShortlinesUSA » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:22 am

Very helpful info, and I appreciate it!
Mike Derrick
ShortlinesUSA

Postby BM6569 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am

No recent updates on Sea-3? The big tie pile still in Portsmouth yard?
BM6569

Postby MECFAN » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm

From what I've heard the big pile of ties is for the Sarah Long bridge project supposed to be a ballasted deck so we'll see. As for Sea, a friend of mine works on the waterfront and said he heard Sea-3 was for sale and nothing has happened up the in regards to the expansion. I think they have had approval to build now for almost two years. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
MECFAN

Previous

Return to Pan Am Railways (formerly Guilford Rail System)