traffic on the fec these days?

Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

Re: traffic on the fec these days?

Postby MEC&BAR » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Hello

I will be coming down in late March early April, I was wondering about the schedule for the freights and any rough idea when they leave.
Also didn't know about what locations/areas are better for catching the most trains, north or south, or does it even matter?
I am going to try and plan the trip if I can on the most action I can get in a day.

Thank You
Last edited by MEC&BAR on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEC&BAR

Postby GOLDEN-ARM » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:05 pm

MEC&BAR wrote:Hello

I will be coming down in late March early April, I was wondering about the schedule for the freights and any rough idea when they leave.
Also didn't know about what locations/areas are better for catching the most trains, north or south, or does it even matter?
I am going to try and plan the trip if I can on the most action I can get in a day.

Thank You
Travis

the answer is found in the "READ ME FIRST" section. the fec website has the train schedules listed. http://www.fecrwy.com/intermodal-custom ... n-schedule the railroad is 340 miles long. since you give no location where you are visiting, you don't give a guy much to work with. :P
GOLDEN-ARM

Location: " SunRail CFRC 100, North at Church Street Station"

Postby MEC&BAR » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Thank You
MEC&BAR

Postby Noel Weaver » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:25 am

There are more trains in the works in South Florida. This has been common knowledge for some of us for a while now. Here is a link to an article in the local rag although I don't think much of the article, it is rather interesting reading.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-railroad ... 8950.story

Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby Lincoln78 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:22 pm

FEC is alive and well.

I spent last week in a hotel on off PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens near the FEC line. I heard (and sometimes saw) several trains daily during the time I was not working in the early AM and evening.
Lincoln78

Previous

Return to Florida East Coast Railway