HOW SCREWED UP IS WILLARD???

Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

HOW SCREWED UP IS WILLARD???

Postby shlustig » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 am

Stopped at Greenwich yesterday, and some trainwatchers said that trains were lined up on both sides of Willard waiting to get in or through the terminal.

In the 2' I was there, CSX ran 3 eastbounds via the B&O side to New Castle (1 85-car unit grain, 1 160+-car mixed, and 1 I/M) and 5 via the x-Big four to Berea (2 mixed, 1 salad shooter, 2 I/M, and 2 Auto-racks).

East of Greenwich on the Big Four side there were 5 westbounds holding: 2 freights, 2 I/M's, and 1 Auto-Rack, with several xg's blocked for extended periods.

When I got to Berea, trains were being held on the Short Line as Collinwood was plugged and as the Disp announced over the radio, there were no rested crews available to move traffic to Buffalo.

Not bad for a Sunday!
shlustig

Re: HOW SCREWED UP IS WILLARD???

Postby Noel Weaver » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm

It is sad to hear of this kind of railroading. You and I and lots of others can hold our heads high for being a vital part of Conrail when we got trains over the road safely and efficiently. I am very glad that I am retired.
All the best!
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby mmi16 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Further proof that EHH has no idea of how to operate CSX.
Never too old to have a happy childhood!
mmi16

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Wasn't Willard supposed to be X-roads of Chessie's East-West operations such as Conrail established at Cleveland and outlined in the book "The Men Who Loved Trains"?
Gilbert B Norman

Postby Noel Weaver » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:49 pm

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Wasn't Willard supposed to be X-roads of Chessie's East-West operations such as Conrail established at Cleveland and outlined in the book "The Men Who Loved Trains"?

BOTTLENECK might be a better word for Willard.
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Return to CSX Transportation