Captain Munoz Is At The Controls..

Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Re: Captain Munoz Is At The Controls..

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:05 am

Maybe "Capt. Oscar" is what United Airlines has needed, Maybe what comes next is the long suffering customer and in-flight experience.

I fly 'em (don't do that much; have yet to go on an airplane this year, but trip overseas coming up next month) mainly on the strength that I "know my way around" their Terminal 1 at O'Hare, and I'm "the deer looking at the headlights" regarding the rest of the place. Also, I HAD for free TSA Pre√ - until I made a flight on JetBlue last year. Now that I'm days away from 75, maybe they'll give it back.

But he succeeded in getting the Attendants together - look at the flexibility the carrier has now gained as well as, for those Attendants senior enough to choose where and when they want to fly, an array of new destinations:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/busin ... -them.html

Fair Use:

United Airlines and leaders of its flight attendants’ union have agreed to a new labor contract that will unify the cabin crews for the first time since United’s merger with Continental Airlines more than five years ago.

The deal, which still requires a vote by the union’s full membership, would also raise United flight attendants’ pay to a level that the union claims is the highest in the industry.

With the increase, for example, United flight attendants entering their 13th year of service would earn a base rate of $62 an hour. That would be slightly above the current comparable levels for attendants at Delta Air Lines and American Airlines.

United’s elected leaders of the Association of Flight Attendants unanimously approved the agreement on Tuesday and will submit the contract in July to the union’s full membership for final approval

Next up for Oscar are the mechanical forces represented by the Teamsters on both properties.
Gilbert B Norman

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:42 am

Associated Press courtesy of New York Times

Reports such as this AP, as well as a later staff reported in the Journal, suggest that Oscar knew that Yäger was "on the prowl" and that even if he did ascend to CEO at CSX , his tenure could have been marked by activists wanting to have Yäger at the throttle.

All told, he must have concluded that the skies looked frendlier from FL35 than they did from 500 Water.
Gilbert B Norman

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Somehow about now, I'll bet Oscar is wishing he was "at the throttle" than "at the controls".

Life isn't fair.
Gilbert B Norman

Postby Backshophoss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:11 am

Mr Norman,the AP report at the NY Times site has disappeared,the link is useless now. :(
Backshophoss

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Mr. Backshop, the AP controls the use of their content by whatever source, print, digital, broadcast, cable, their member outlets use such. If they say pull it after a specified time, then that had best be done. So it's gone, and I'm sorry.
Gilbert B Norman

Previous

Return to CSX Transportation