North Jersey Shared Assets Train Symbols

Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

North Jersey Shared Assets Train Symbols

Postby bbobes327 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Can somebody help me find the train symbols used for the Shared Assets Locals? I know one is MA-1, so what others am i missing?

Any train, from any yard, going where, and how often does each train run?

Thanks for your help!

Brian
bbobes327

Re: North Jersey Shared Assets Train Symbols

Postby waldwickrailfan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm

bbobes327 wrote:Can somebody help me find the train symbols used for the Shared Assets Locals? I know one is MA-1, so what others am i missing?

Any train, from any yard, going where, and how often does each train run?

Thanks for your help!

Brian

OI16: Oak Island-Sayreville turn, daily
OI95: Oak Island, as needed for work trains
SA31: Sayreville-Lakehurst, Thursdays
MA01: Manville-South Plainfield, M-F
MA02: Manville-Port Reading, M-F
MA20: Manville-Raritan, T-Sa
MA80: Manville-South Plainfield, Saturdays
SK39: South Kearny local

OI=Oak Island
MA=Manville
SA=Sayreville
JR=Port Reading
PN=Port Newark
SK=South Kearny

Sorry i dont know others, but if you want i can give a list of all NS and CSX trains on the Lehigh Line and Port Reading Secondary
CSX 3GS21B-DE
waldwickrailfan

Postby TAMR213 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm

More specifically for the SA trains (which I always thought stood for South Amboy but I could be completely wrong), they run out of Browns Yard (which is on the Sayreville/Old Bridge border).

There are:
SA-3 - Browns to AmeriSteel and other locations of the east end of the Sayreville Running Track (at least Thursday and Friday)
SA-5 - Browns to the west end on the Sayreville Running Track (at least Thursday)
SA-31 - Browns to Southern Secondary (Thursday)
Browns to Cranbury (Tuesday)
Browns to Freehold (M, W, F)
SA-33 - Browns to Dayton (5 days a week)

Also, for trains serving Metuchen Yard (symbol is ME):
OI-32 - Oak Island to Metuchen turn (weekdays, I believe there is also sometimes a weekend version symboled OI-82)
ME-2 - Metuchen Yard to Deans (weekdays, serves varying industries along the NEC on different days, Deans is the furthest south it will go)
ME-5 - Not sure if this train still exists, but if so it operates weekdays serving the Mobil plant, and other industries between Metuchen and Keasbey

Lastly, I believe PR is also a symbol used by Port Reading crews, who will handle trains such as 68Q from Port Reading down to Motiva (usually under the symbol PR-8 I believe, but in reality its still just 68Q with a different crew).
Erik Romatowski
Moderator - Conrail, Teen Railroad Enthusiasts

http://erikr.rrpicturearchives.net/
TAMR213

Postby bbobes327 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Both of you thank you for your help, it's very much appreciated! All of that is exactly what I was looking for!

And @waldwick if you have the names, origin-destination, and frequency of those trains can you send me those? For now I understand a handful of trains that go through, but I have no clue hot to find out the frequency or their origin/destination.

Thanks again!
bbobes327

Return to Conrail - 1976 to the Present