Train Symbol: HBRCDIL

Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

Re: Train Symbol: HBRCDIL

Postby mtuandrew » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:34 am

Welcome!

I can't remember the H, but if I interpret it correctly, BRC means it comes off the Belt Railway of Chicago, and DIL stands for a destination of Dilworth, MN (next to Fargo, ND.) Are these covered hopper cars? It would make sense for them to be empties going up to the agricultural region of the Red River of the North.

EDIT: yup, I guessed right. http://www.blet75.org/palm/Train%20Defi ... ymbols.pdf has a list of train symbols - also, the H stands for high-priority general merchandise, the next tier of priority below Z (intermodal) trains. Probably not empties then :)
mtuandrew

Postby Rockingham Racer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:41 pm

On the BNSF, trains with a Q would be the next hottest ones after the Zs, followed by the H manifests. I don't believe that any Q trains run up your way on the Northern Transcon, though.
Rockingham Racer

Postby mtuandrew » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Rockingham Racer wrote:On the BNSF, trains with a Q would be the next hottest ones after the Zs, followed by the H manifests. I don't believe that any Q trains run up your way on the Northern Transcon, though.

I think there are Q trains to St. Paul, but not beyond. There was a good Trains article in the next few months about where the Z and Q trains go, so I will have to take a look at it.
mtuandrew

Return to BNSF Railway (Burlington Northern Santa Fe)