Northeast Regional 188 - Accident In Philadelphia

Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, gprimr1, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman

Re: Northeast Regional 188 - Accident In Philadelphia

Postby justalurker66 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:43 am

You only need a common reference if you are seeking understanding. If you don't mind people not understanding the experience don't worry about the issue. Hopefully someone else will take on the task.

There are a lot of things I have not done (for example fly in space and drive a NASCAR) that I can understand at some level because someone was willing to explain it using common references.

BTW: This isn't about skewed figures more people dying on roads than rails each year or skewed statistics showing less federal support for rail than air told by people giving half (or less) of the equation. Nor is it intended to minimize or demean anyone. This is about trying to communicate and get people to understand.

Have you ever dozed off slightly while driving or forgotten where you were while driving because of a distraction or something else on your mind? I believe most drivers have. The scale is different on roads (less weight, shorter stopping distances) but if one starts with the similarities one can work toward the differences.
justalurker66

Previous

Return to Amtrak