Station Developments

Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, gprimr1, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman

jcepler1

Re: Station Developments

Post by jcepler1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:48 am

Article about the Tuscaloosa Amtrak Station- The photo used for the article is of a model railroad, New York Central. If I were Norfolk Southern I would also be holding out to make sure that a new station were at full scale.
https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/201 ... ll-through" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

buddydog

Post by buddydog » Sat May 25, 2019 5:55 am

charleston sc [ CHS ] the new station looks great! trackside is well lit and clean. they're not quite finished with construction. if they have a ceremony upon completion, i'll post some pics.

gokeefe

Post by gokeefe » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Jacksonville (JAX) upgrades completed ...
The improvements at the Jacksonville station include: Compliant curb ramps and landings from new Americans with Disabilities parking to the station building; compliant path-to-transit drop off area; bollard mounted parking signage; and customer drop-off area.
gokeefe

STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm

BWI Amtrak station starting to become more like a station. Putting these up on Flickr now: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmE9Mhrc
"The last and final stop is BALTIMORE PENN STATION." I can has MARC V?

gokeefe

Post by gokeefe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Nice to see progress there. I will be interested to see if there is a measurable positive impact on ridership. It's already a high volume location. I'm curious how much they are losing as a result of the station conditions.
gokeefe

lordsigma12345

Post by lordsigma12345 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 pm

SPG - Springfield, MA - Amtrak relocated to the Union Station transportation center from their previous station building on June 6th. High level platform construction remains on track and should be complete later in the summer or in the early fall.

Articles below (Note there are some errors in both of the articles below):
https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/06/a ... weeks.html
https://media.amtrak.com/2019/06/amtrak ... n-station/

STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm

gokeefe wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm
Nice to see progress there. I will be interested to see if there is a measurable positive impact on ridership. It's already a high volume location. I'm curious how much they are losing as a result of the station conditions.
BWI's high volume mainly because of MARC and the two garages there. If there was a negative impact, it was mitigated when MARC made their own ticket machines and put them in the garages, so folks can go in, buy tickets there (instead of detouring to the AmTrailer station north of the rebuilt station), and then cross over to the southbound side.

gokeefe

Post by gokeefe » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 pm

I was speaking of volume relative to Amtrak. Even then in that more limited scope it's still a major station. I've been through the old one many times. It's "not great" to put it lightly.
gokeefe

STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 pm

gokeefe wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 pm
I was speaking of volume relative to Amtrak. Even then in that more limited scope it's still a major station. I've been through the old one many times. It's "not great" to put it lightly.
Probably not much of an impact there. Lyft/Uber drivers tend to drop off at the curve where the AmTrailer is. I've ducked in a few times, and the load seems to be the same (although they moved some seating to the bridge itself).

Return to “Amtrak”