Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, gprimr1, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman

Re: Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

Postby 8th Notch » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

DutchRailnut wrote:Unions ? or one ?

Every local seems to have there own agenda lately so sometimes I forget we are one.
8th Notch

Postby ApproachMedium » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm

scratchy wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:
8th Notch wrote:The seats could be be better however I’ll take them over the horrid Cab signals/ACSES audible alarms. Part of the problem with things like these are the Unions put up no fight!

Dont worry the new beepers are so quiet you cant even hear your overspeed penalty!

And the ACS seat is comfortable, if you arent moving. So it looks good to people and execs and union reps sitting in it stationary at the moch up i the factory.

I take it crews aren't allowed to bring cushions from home, as McGuyver fix?

I have enough crap to carry to work evey day in a 40lb bag of books, the last thing i need to think about is carrying or forgetting a cushion. Even if it had that, it still would not make up for the fact that there is no real shock absorption.
No good deed goes unpunished.
ApproachMedium

Postby 8th Notch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:04 pm

ApproachMedium wrote:
8th Notch wrote:The seats could be be better however I’ll take them over the horrid Cab signals/ACSES audible alarms. Part of the problem with things like these are the Unions put up no fight!

Dont worry the new beepers are so quiet you cant even hear your overspeed penalty!

Holy crap I came across one today and it seems like this place can’t get it right! Guess I won’t be running with the windows open this summer.
8th Notch

Previous

Return to Amtrak