Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, gprimr1, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman

Re: ACS-64 Sprinter Testing, Developments, & Sightings

Postby Matt Johnson » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:23 pm

For that matter, are we going to renumber mileposts where accidents have occurred? Clearly it can be carried to the point of absurdity.
Matt Johnson

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Mr. Johnson, all here know I'm a regular Auto Train rider with twenty three "voyages" to date. The last time I was on another Amtrak train was 2012.

Especially now that I am "less Luddite" than in the past (I even have and use an app titled Marco Polo), whenever Mr. Google says AT is near Crescent City, I DO take note.
Gilbert B Norman

Postby andrewjw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Mr. Johnson, all here know I'm a regular Auto Train rider with twenty three "voyages" to date. The last time I was on another Amtrak train was 2012.

Especially now that I am "less Luddite" than in the past (I even have and use an app titled Marco Polo), whenever Mr. Google says AT is near Crescent City, I DO take note.

I think it is pretty clear to all that your anecdote does not provide meaningful insight into what would be observed by an average train rider, given your past experiences and affinity.
andrewjw

Postby Matt Johnson » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm

I still think about Chase, MD 1987 every time I cross over the Gunpowder River on Amtrak. But the reality is that there are a million tragedies large and small written into the history of ordinary places we pass every day.
Matt Johnson

Previous

Return to Amtrak