NEC Future: HSR "High Line", FRA, Amtrak Infrastructure Plan

Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, gprimr1, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman

Re: NEC Future: HSR "High Line", FRA, Amtrak Infrastructure

Postby cbrett » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm working on a project for school that's comparing the different routings proposed for expanding/upgrading the NEC, does anyone know if there's a GIS shapefile out there with the preferred routing of NEC Future? I emailed them a week ago but still haven't got a response
cbrett

Postby F-line to Dudley via Park » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:26 pm

cbrett wrote:I'm working on a project for school that's comparing the different routings proposed for expanding/upgrading the NEC, does anyone know if there's a GIS shapefile out there with the preferred routing of NEC Future? I emailed them a week ago but still haven't got a response

There isn't a GIS-mapped routing. Just a couple "Oh, screw it...we'll figure this out later" straight-line MS Paint drawings through Fairfield and New London Counties that they're calling a Preferred Alternative without saying that the map is anything more than a vague suggestion.
F-line to Dudley via Park

Postby seacoast » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:51 pm

cbrett wrote:I'm working on a project for school that's comparing the different routings proposed for expanding/upgrading the NEC, does anyone know if there's a GIS shapefile out there with the preferred routing of NEC Future? I emailed them a week ago but still haven't got a response

I have the shapefiles for the selected alternative. PM me, and let's chat about your project.
seacoast

Previous

Return to Amtrak