East Broad Top 2015 roundhouse and backshops

General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: Miketherailfan, rob216

East Broad Top 2015 roundhouse and backshops

Postby mfmalk » Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 pm

http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p47324941

On two separate occasions last month, by special invitation and permission by railroad management, I was allowed access to the East Broad Top’s roundhouse and backshops.

The granddaddy of steam-era portals to the past, I found the interiors particularly difficult to photograph; to capture both the magnitude of preserved industrial revolution before my eyes, and what I was feeling while roaming the hallowed grounds. It boggles the mind that these scenes from 100+ years ago still exist.

All the stable mates are there; old friends - still together - getting older: 16, 18, 12, 17, 15, 14 & M-1.

Time stands still.

Enjoy,
Matthew
mfmalk

Re: East Broad Top 2015 roundhouse and backshops

Postby trackwelder » Wed May 20, 2015 10:40 pm

one of these days this road will run again again, and i, for one, can't wait for that day. i really need to get out there and do some more work.
shipbuilder
rail maintainer, 1st class
FEBT volunteer

TWU 234---WE MOVE PHILADELPHIA!!!
trackwelder

Re: East Broad Top 2015 roundhouse and backshops

Postby russ59dd » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:51 pm

I brought my family to EBTRR a couple years before they closed for a pre-Halloween weekend...it was great. We were very sad to hear about what has happened and I try to keep up with news using the www; but one topic I never see raised is if the local government and state reps would try to make this a working state park.

Is anybody trying that?
russ59dd

Return to Museums, Tourist Lines, and Historical Organizations