*** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: stilson4283, 3rdrail, Otto Vondrak

Re: *** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

Postby Cosmo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Nice pic, RRFAN!
Also nice to meet another G gauger doing the Mtn Division!
Here's some from today (sat), now we finally got some snow to try my plow on:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... n+Division
"It belongs in a MUSEUM!"
-Indiana Jones
Cosmo

Postby msorendo53 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Hey Folks; have been on the LV forum side, thought I'd post my pics here since it is a model. Thanks for checking it out - your comments are appreciated!
Mike

http://msorendo35.wix.com/lv-weedsport
msorendo53

Postby murfunit » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:09 pm

I've started working on some LIRR HO trains again after a long hiatus. I had a layout in the 1990s for about 5 years before I dismantled it. I may start another one. Meanwhile these are some photos

image.jpeg
murfunit

Postby murfunit » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Some more photos

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
murfunit

Postby murfunit » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:23 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I hope to post more as the project moves on. Enjoy the photos. Most of the equipment is kit bashed or modified to make the rolling stock appear similar to LIRR trains. I really didn't have much of a budget for these models so I had to improvise.
murfunit

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Was going through my Photobucket today and thought I'd share these pictures of the layout I was working on in high school. I've moved several times after leaving home, so I still have the trains, just nowhere to run them in my apartment, haha.

"That sapling that once grew just south of Wassaic may be long gone, and the Harlem Line’s appearance may have changed over the years, but for decades to come, I can count on it continuing to provide me with funny recollections"
NaugyRR

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:33 pm

More...

"That sapling that once grew just south of Wassaic may be long gone, and the Harlem Line’s appearance may have changed over the years, but for decades to come, I can count on it continuing to provide me with funny recollections"
NaugyRR

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Even more...

NaugyRR

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Couple roster shots and more...

NaugyRR

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:40 pm

More rosters and evolution of the layout...

NaugyRR

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Work in progress...

Even earlier...

NaugyRR

Postby NaugyRR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Last ones...

NaugyRR

Postby Watchman318 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:48 am

NaugyRR wrote:Was going through my Photobucket today and thought I'd share these pictures of the layout I was working on in high school. I've moved several times after leaving home, so I still have the trains, just nowhere to run them in my apartment, haha.
That's quite the collection of vehicles and construction equipment, too, including some of the ones at your fire station. Looked like at least one Ivers (GMC, maybe?) next to the sedan-cab Seagrave.
Good stuff.
Watchman318

Postby NaugyRR » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks Watchman; I'll admit, going through those photos, it's a little disappointing to look at all of it now in totes and boxes in my apartment, haha.

I know that 1:64 isn't meant for HO trains, but I always had an easier time sourcing 1:64 vehicles than 1:87. Plus in my opinion it doesn't look too out of place, and as you can tell I don't exactly go for proto-operations; gimme some Bachmann EZ-Track and some Ertl die-cast and I'm a happy boy! Haha

You've got a good eye for the fire equipment. The two trucks in the back of the building are a GMC and a Seagrave, in the front are an American LaFrance pumper and Land Rover brush truck. On the side are a Power Wagon ambulance and Humvee brush truck. All of them are Corgi models. At some point I'd like to invest in some Code 3 models when I do another layout, but they are certainly not a cheap date!
NaugyRR

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam