Have you ever been to Northlandz?

Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: stilson4283, 3rdrail, Otto Vondrak

Re: Have you ever been to Northlandz?

Postby Benjamin Maggi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am

Rabid Transit wrote: Interestingly I think I found the crew at Roadside America (which I had visited earlier in this summer's trip) to be a bunch friendlier than the ETJ crew. Could just be me.

Odd, as when we were recently at Roadside America we saw several issues with the layout. Most dramatically, the "Strausburg Train" which was supposed to go back and forth with automation to have the engine run around the train didn't work all the time, frequently leaving the train pushing the wrong car or derailing something. I would kindly point this out to the staff but they were grumpy and didn't seem to care about the issue. Oh well.

Never been to Northlandz but based on threads like this I doubt I will. I remember watching a clip on the news about it years ago and it sounded so cool. I would hate to go and be disapponitned.
Benjamin L. Maggi
A&A Railroad Forum Moderator
Benjamin Maggi

Previous

Return to Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam