BNSF Hiring Process

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby johnnyTRD » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

I have a question for someone, the start date for track maintenance for me is suppose to start this coming monday, yet I still have not heard anything from anyone. I'm worried now, Ive tried contacting HR, recruiter and the new hire staff no response from anyone, this is killing me I am ready to pull out my hair. Has this happen to anyone am I not going to get chosen anymore? did the start date get pushed back???
johnnyTRD
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby johnnyTRD » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 pm

phew! good news I finally got my final offer I guess what had happen was is that my start date got pushed back they informed me of my start date on monday the 6th and then later in the day I got my final offer. Will keep you guys posted on how things goes with BNSF.
johnnyTRD
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby lefty06 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 pm

So after all the waiting I received an email from CHS saying that I meet the medical requirements. So does that mean I'm good to go as long as I get a final offer?
lefty06
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 am

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby lefty06 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:36 am

Well I got my answer in the form of a final offer so now I'm good to go.
lefty06
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 am

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby JCB » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Just went this morning to Centrailia, IL for a hiring session. I feel like I did well, but the panel I interviewed with were really cool. There was 33 of us there and only 5 Conductor positions. We did the drug test today too.

So I'm just waiting for an email of an offer.
JCB
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby JCB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:17 pm

I didn't get hired. This is third time I've been turned down. I don't get it.
JCB
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby philofab » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:52 pm

JCB wrote:Just went this morning to Centrailia, IL for a hiring session. I feel like I did well, but the panel I interviewed with were really cool. There was 33 of us there and only 5 Conductor positions. We did the drug test today too.

So I'm just waiting for an email of an offer.


If you get a conditional offer make sure you try and get thru background and medical as quickly as possible. Final offers are first come first serve. Meaning that if they send out 5 conditional offers, and then decide they only need two conductors they will take the first two that clear background and medical for those positions.
philofab
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby philofab » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:12 am

JCB wrote:I didn't get hired. This is third time I've been turned down. I don't get it.


Keep trying. It's kinda like picking up on girls, if you have a 5% success rate, and you ask 100 girls on a date, you still get 5 dates. Only ask 1 or 2 and you may not get a date at all.

Also, are you well groomed and well dressed for the interview? Show up early? Participate in the process? All these things get you noticed and set you apart from the other people interviewing. It IS a competition. Wake sure you win. Put effort in.
philofab
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: BNSF Hiring Process

Postby JCB » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:20 am

philofab wrote:
JCB wrote:Just went this morning to Centrailia, IL for a hiring session. I feel like I did well, but the panel I interviewed with were really cool. There was 33 of us there and only 5 Conductor positions. We did the drug test today too.

So I'm just waiting for an email of an offer.


If you get a conditional offer make sure you try and get thru background and medical as quickly as possible. Final offers are first come first serve. Meaning that if they send out 5 conditional offers, and then decide they only need two conductors they will take the first two that clear background and medical for those positions.

I was turned down for BNSF within 48 hrs.

I still have hope maybe with CP. I calle dthem and they told me they're still in the process of narrowing people down, so at least it isn't a no.
JCB
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Previous

Return to Employment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests