Norfolk Southern Pre - Placement Exam

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

Norfolk Southern Pre - Placement Exam

Postby cuppb001 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 pm

I know that there are a lot of posts of people saying they do not use drugs when they fail the hair screening but in my case I have never touched illegal drugs. I had my hair test with Norfolk Southern which came back positive for Cocaine. I have not had any medical procedures in the last 2 years so that rules out any false positives. I knew that my being positive was impossible so I paid out of pocket for a hair test at a DOT certified clinic. That test came back as expected negative. Norfolk Southern Health services says they do not retest and that the results of their test are final. What recourse do I have? Obviously a lab error has occurred and now I am disqualified from the position I was applying for and future opportunities with Norfolk Southern.
Attachments
Doc Aug 21, 2018, 1144.pdf
(492.78 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
cuppb001

Re: Norfolk Southern Pre - Placement Exam

Postby Acela150 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 am

Did you have poppyseeds anytime before the test? If so that's why you failed.
Acela150

Postby cuppb001 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 am

No poppy seed bagels or anything. Clearly a lab mistake. And now Im a victim of bulk testing.
cuppb001

Postby Wayside » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 am

Easy for me to say, I know -- but I don't think I would want to work for a company that treats people that way.
We don't know what we don't know.
Wayside

Return to Employment