NJ Transit pre-employment test for LETP

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

NJ Transit pre-employment test for LETP

Postby deanomite26 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has recently taken New Jersey Transits pre-employment test for the LETP? I have no idea what to expect and if or what I should study. I guess what I'm wondering is if it's hard or just common knowledge, any info on this would be great,....Thanks.
deanomite26

Re: NJ Transit pre-employment test for LETP

Postby shizzy617 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:47 pm

That's a great question. I' scheduled to take the exam in November, and I'm coming out-of-state. I would recommend studying whatever you can about signals, braking, and locomotive physical characteristics on YouTube.
shizzy617

Re: NJ Transit pre-employment test for LETP

Postby matawanaberdeen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:17 pm

deanomite26 wrote:Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has recently taken New Jersey Transits pre-employment test for the LETP? I have no idea what to expect and if or what I should study. I guess what I'm wondering is if it's hard or just common knowledge, any info on this would be great,....Thanks.

Pre-employment is basic stuff like math, reading/comprehension and a mechanical aptitude test.
matawanaberdeen

Return to Employment