Switching trades with KCS

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

Switching trades with KCS

Postby Bigrich » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Sup guys, new to the forum.

Little about me, I'm from Texas- work out of kendleton as a conductor trainee. As of nov 1st I was furloughed right out of training and have been ever since. I have recently applied for a track laborer position, I have to get back to work. My question is, I know you can get bumped around pretty much anywhere and I know conductors get put on the extra board but what happens when someone bumps you on a MOW job? Do you get sent home untill a job post since theirs no spots open at your location or close to it? I know it's part of the game but I'd just like a little insight from y'all about what happens when you do get bumped on maintence side and if MOW is a little more stable as far as (furloughing) than transportation side.. Also, anyone hear if kcs is picking up in Texas area yet? Thanks guys
Bigrich

Re: Switching trades with KCS

Postby John_Perkowski » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Admin note:

Moved here after four months of no replies on the KCS Forum. Shadow topic remains there.
~John Perkowski: Moderator: General Discussion: Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Equipment
Assistant Administrator: Railroad.net/forums
Please don't feed the spammers! If you see spam, please notify a Moderator
John_Perkowski

Return to Employment