Work History

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

Work History

Postby Bbab0223 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:16 pm

I need some advice on what I should do. I am going to a hiring session Tuesday and I know I'm supposed to bring my candidate profile. So here's the question. I know honest is the best policy and I know they going to dig deep into my employment history. I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to look like a job hopper. I jumped jobs a lot when I was younger. For the past 3 years I finally settled down and stayed at one job. Do I list all my jobs and just hope they like my honest or do I suger coat my employment. The way I feel is they going to hire me for me or not hire me for being to honest.
Bbab0223

Re: Work History

Postby COEN77 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:10 am

Honesty is always the best policy. I don't know to many people that didn't job hop when starting out. Having stayed 3 years at your current employment is a plus. If you don't list them they might wonder what one has to hide.
COEN77

Re: Work History

Postby Bbab0223 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks Coen77. Ya they didn't even question my work history. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. On Sunday I received the Conditional employment from them. Just waiting to hear back from them to set up my background check.
Bbab0223

Return to Employment