When/how often, do the conductor trainee courses take place?

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

When/how often, do the conductor trainee courses take place?

Postby operatingengineer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

I've gone through all the steps of being hired, I am now waiting on the email letting me know where to go to take the drug test and physical. I was told to pick 3 locations I would be willing to transfer to and work at. My first choice was San Antonio TX, second choice was Kansas city (where I am currently located) and Galveston TX was my third choice. When being interviewed I was told that they would give me a minimum of 30 days to relocate. However, she did not say When the next conductor trainee course would be starting. Any insight would be a blessing thank you!
operatingengineer

Re: When/how often, do the conductor trainee courses take pl

Postby Komachi » Thu May 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Work question? Employment Forum is the best place to find answers! :D
Komachi

Re: When/how often, do the conductor trainee courses take pl

Postby slchub » Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 am

What RR are you taking about?

If you have not made a choice by now, you better make it soon about where you would like to work/live. If you start out with the UP say in KCI and would like to transfer down to Texas in 10 years, you better think about it. A transfer with the UP is very difficult as a trainman, and nearly impossible once you are an engineer.
slchub

Return to Employment