Montana Rail Link SD70ACes

Montana Rail Link (reporting mark MRL) is a privately held Class II railroad in the United States. MRL, which operates on trackage originally built by the Northern Pacific Railway, is a unit of the Washington Companies, and is headquartered in Missoula, Montana. Website: montanarail.com

Montana Rail Link SD70ACes

Postby USRailFan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:40 am

Not sure this is the correct place to post, but I didn't find a specific MRL forum..
Does anyone know what numbers the MRL SD70ACes will have, and which locomotives (if any) they'll replace?
Also, do someone know of an up-to-date roster for MRL?
USRailFan

Postby Aa3rt » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:54 pm

While I'm afraid I can't answer your first two questions, here's a link to the Montana Rail Link Unofficial Guide page. Scroll down and you'll find a link for the roster, dated Jan. 16th, 2001. If someone out there has a more current roster, please help this gentleman out.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~timharri/mrl.html
Art Audley, AA3RT
Moderator: Railroad Radio & Communications, Railroads in Books, Magazines, Music, TV and other Media, General Discussion: Fallen Trolley & Interurban Lines, General Discussion: Shortline, Industrial & Military Railroads,
Aa3rt

Postby USRailFan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:58 pm

Aa3rt wrote:While I'm afraid I can't answer your first two questions, here's a link to the Montana Rail Link Unofficial Guide page. Scroll down and you'll find a link for the roster, dated Jan. 16th, 2001. If someone out there has a more current roster, please help this gentleman out.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~timharri/mrl.html

Yes I know of that roster, and as you say it is from 2001, that was why I wondered if somebody knows of a newer roster. Then again, there is of course the possibility that there haven't really been any major change in MRL's roster until the SD70ACe order
USRailFan

SD70ACe

Postby SD Shortline » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:03 pm

In either or both "Trains" and "Railfan and Railroad" has the ACe's knocking down the SD45 ranks.
SD Shortline

Re: SD70ACe

Postby USRailFan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:22 am

SD Shortline wrote:In either or both "Trains" and "Railfan and Railroad" has the ACe's knocking down the SD45 ranks.

Thanks for the info.
So I guess the MRL will go for the SD70ACes as mainline power and SD40-2s/SD45-2s as helpers then?
USRailFan

Postby The S.P. Caboose » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:36 am

Could there be any info on Montana Rail Link's web site?

Just a thought.
The S.P. Caboose

Postby AmtrakFan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:34 pm

Well I know the SD40-2/SD45's will be kept for leasing services. Some are still on BNSF
AmtrakFan

When???

Postby gravelyfan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:54 pm

When are the new units slated to be delivered?
gravelyfan

Re: When???

Postby AmtrakFan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:25 pm

gravelyfan wrote:When are the new units slated to be delivered?

Later this summer.
AmtrakFan

Return to Montana Rail Link