Interesting P&W feature article in April trains Magazine

Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York.
Official web-site: http://www.pwrr.com/

Moderator: MEC407

Interesting P&W feature article in April trains Magazine

Postby johnpbarlow » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:33 am

Entitled "Reinvention" there are many interesting operational points mentioned and discussed.
johnpbarlow

Re: Interesting P&W feature article in April trains Magazine

Postby YamaOfParadise » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Very interesting article. I'd say at least half of the content of it was stuff I'd never read or heard before! It came out hitting, too, with the bombshell that "75 percent of the railroad's traffic base in 1994 no longer exists today"; I knew there was a lot of customer loss in the early nineties, but not nearly as much as that.

Gives a small insight on the Boston Surface Railroad through it being briefly mentioned, too, though not much. "The Boston Surface Railroad Co. plans to contract with P&W to operate its trains if agreements can be reached."
Consider contributing detailed railway data to OpenStreetMap for use in OpenRailwayMap!
YamaOfParadise

Re: Interesting P&W feature article in April trains Magazine

Postby Mr rt » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm not a regular subscriber to Trains, so I just picked up that copy off a used magazine rack ...
very nice history article !
Mr rt

Return to Providence and Worcester Railroad