P & W Auto carrier

Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York.
Official web-site: http://www.pwrr.com/

Moderator: MEC407

P & W Auto carrier

Postby Noel Weaver » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 am

Sunday evening in South Florida FEC train 101 had some auto carriers on the head end which is not uncommon for this train. One of the carriers was a Providence and Worcester carrier and that is very uncommon at least in these parts. This is the first time I have ever seen any Providence and Worcester equipment in these parts. I suspect the car will be going back north maybe late Monday on 222 or 226 or sometime Tuesday, they unload the autos pretty fast at Hialeah.
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Re: P & W Auto carrier

Postby jaymac » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:38 pm

There have been at least a few times that PW racks have come into Gardner on 206 only to keep going east to the new auto yard at the Willows instead of heading south to Davisville on the PW.
"A white SUV with a roof antenna just might not be a company van."
jaymac

Postby Lmiller » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:10 am

Good catch Noel, I've seen P & W racks on Youtube videos out on the west coast,,,
Lmiller

Postby boatsmate » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 am

These cares are part of the TTLX fleet that P&W is now part of. Unknown how many cars are in the fleet, they float around the country, they are not P&W's per say. and are not loaded here in the northeast.

Bill
boatsmate

Postby v8interceptor » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:59 am

boatsmate wrote:These cares are part of the TTLX fleet that P&W is now part of. Unknown how many cars are in the fleet, they float around the country, they are not P&W's per say. and are not loaded here in the northeast.

Bill

My understanding is that while TTXL owns the flatcar, P&W owns the actual auto rack structure. This is the way most Class 1's operate their autorack fleets as well..
v8interceptor

Postby CN9634 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:18 am

I have noticed some KCS racks on Warwick (WRWK, aka P&W) flats.
CN9634

Postby Engineer Spike » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm

I saw one in CPR St. Luc Yard the other day.

It's something to remind you of home, just like when I was working for Burlington Northern, in IL. A nice blue Boston and Maine boxcar made me think of New England.
"Welcome all ye who enter; the show that never ends. Tingfield Sperminal Railway." (Graffiti on the entry to Mohawk Yard Office)
Engineer Spike

Return to Providence and Worcester Railroad