WOW! Don't DO that!

For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

WOW! Don't DO that!

Postby Gadfly » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:08 pm

I was coming across the NS mainline this morning near Lowell, NC. I looked at the signals (habit) and looked both ways before proceeding. Clear path, no gates down, no trains. Just as I started across the tracks some one blared out with a LOUD horn. :( SCREEEEEECH! I slid to a stop! That near 'bout scared me out of a year's growth! :( Sounded JUST like a train. Guess somebody thought that would be "funny". I didn't! :( Its NOT funny!

Gadfly
Gadfly

Re: WOW! Don't DO that!

Postby D Alex » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Oh, well, just go home and change your skivvies. No real damage done.

FWIW, back when I drove an 18-wheeler, I used to love blowing my air horn in the PA turnpike tunnels.....
D Alex

Re: WOW! Don't DO that!

Postby ExCon90 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Awhile back Jim Boyd mentioned in Railfan and Railroad that he once saw a VW Beetle in Milwaukee fail to move when the light turned green and the Electroliner behind it gave a good blast on the horn (Electroliner horns were about like those on a GG1). He said it was the only time he ever saw a Volkswagen do a wheelie.
ExCon90

Return to General Class I and II Discussion