Clinchfield south of Irwin information

Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.

Clinchfield south of Irwin information

Postby BAR » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 pm

I am interested in exploring the Clinchfield south of Irwin this Fall and have never been in the area before. Any advice on accessing the Nolichucky River Gorge or The Loops? My railfan partner and I do not mind doing some hiking. Please reply via post or private message. Thanks very much.

Bill
Williamsburg, VA
BAR

Re: Clinchfield south of Irwin information

Postby BAR » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:32 pm

We did not do the Clinchfield trip last Fall but are planning it for mid April. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Since I received no replies to my original posting is there a better forum on which to post?

Bill
Williamsburg, VA
BAR

Re: Clinchfield south of Irwin information

Postby hutton_switch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am

Sorry you were unable to get any information; the Clinchfield is a road that intrigues me, though I haven't gotten into it as much as I ought and would like to. I primarily concentrate on the B&O.

As far as other forums are concerned, try looking for a Clinchfield forum in Yahoo, or try http://www.railfan.net
Wade Rice
Member, B&O RR Historical Society
http://www.borhs.org
Daniel Willard (1860-1942) and Jervis Langdon, Jr. (1905-2004) - Two of B&O's best presidents and managers!
President Leonor Loree (1858-1940) brought the B&O into the 20th century!
hutton_switch

Return to Southeastern Railfan