Penn Station NYC pullman 'layovers'

This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

Penn Station NYC pullman 'layovers'

Postby CarterB » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:46 pm

In the days when the PRR and NYNH&H ran through night sleeper trains, and even a bit into Amtrak, many sleepers were 'set out' for early boarding, late disembarking at Penn Station. Where did they usually "park" these sleepers? Where would PV cars be placed today?
Bring back the Slumbercoaches!!
CarterB

Re: Penn Station NYC pullman 'layovers'

Postby ExCon90 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Since no one has answerred this so far, I'll mention that as far as I know they used one or more of the four stub tracks (1-4); I believe that's where they place PV's today for boarding and access.
ExCon90

Re: Penn Station NYC pullman 'layovers'

Postby JimBoylan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:47 pm

The times I rode Amtrak's Executive Sleeper from Penn Station, New York, I think that I boarded on Track 9 or 10. I was asleep when the Night Owl arrived, so I don't know where it was added to the train. The Northbound car would have been more of a problem, since it could be occupied into the beginning of the rush hour, but I never rode it.
JimBoylan

Return to General Discussion: Fallen Flags