ADLAKE NON-SWEATING Lantern

This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

ADLAKE NON-SWEATING Lantern

Postby VRELackie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:24 pm

I have one from my father, just wondering if anyone knows anything about them

its got 4 lenses 2 green 2 red and is kerosene...

anyone know if its worth anything?
VRELackie

MULTI LENSES

Postby henry6 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:06 pm

Lamp could be marker light for engine or rear of train or switch lamp...any other markings like railroad name or initials?
henry6

Re: ADLAKE NON-SWEATING Lantern

Postby Ken W2KB » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:30 am

VRELackie wrote:I have one from my father, just wondering if anyone knows anything about them

its got 4 lenses 2 green 2 red and is kerosene...

anyone know if its worth anything?

Sounds like it is a switch lantern. They seem to sell for $75-$100 and up depending on condition and rarity of type and railroad.
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]
Ken W2KB

Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA

Postby VRELackie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:43 am

the only stamping on it is "P&S" it seems to be in near perfect condition and even still lights and burns. My father lit it for halloween every year when i was a kid. Still has a working wick wheel and everything. all the internal parts are still there.

no lenses are cracked (although some of the shrouds around the lenses are a little bent up and have seen better days)

it also has a surprisingly small base for something this large. The base is a little "X" about 4" square

doesnt seem very normal for something that is over 18" tall
VRELackie

WHERE

Postby henry6 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:00 pm

Where are you from or do you live? P&S is probably the railroad for which the lamp was made. Right now I am leaning on Pittsburgh and Shawmutt. But your area might lead to some other road name.
henry6

Re: WHERE

Postby VRELackie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:55 pm

henry6 wrote:Where are you from or do you live? P&S is probably the railroad for which the lamp was made. Right now I am leaning on Pittsburgh and Shawmutt. But your area might lead to some other road name.

right now i live in Northern Virginia ... but the lantern was obtained while my parents still lived in Cleveland Ohio
VRELackie

HMMMMMMM.....

Postby henry6 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:52 pm

HMMMMMMM.....let's see what the other's say. Still could be Pittsburgh and Shawmutt, but certainly might be something else.
henry6

Return to General Discussion: Fallen Flags