Tonawanda Valley & Cuba RR Discussion: Bridges & Map

All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

Re: Tonawanda Valley & Cuba RR Discussion: Bridges & Map

Postby erie2937 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:23 pm

The pic you posted is the B&S depot at Rushford which is no longer on its original site. The TV&C track was not near this location. The B&S depot was originally on the east side of the track. Now it is on the west side. Also at this location are footers that supported the B&S water tank. H.T. Guillaume
erie2937
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:49 pm

Re: Tonawanda Valley & Cuba RR Discussion: Bridges & Map

Postby Pete D » Sun May 15, 2011 3:17 pm

The engine shop in Rushford is long gone. It was located in the field just north of where the school is now along with a turn table and a saw mill. There are no buildings there at all now.
The TV&C station does still stand. It's the house within the wye next to the old Agway mill on Lower St. The track ran between those two buildings. Although the Agway was not there in 1881 when the TV&C ran. It was moved there in 1925 from East Rushford when construction of the Caneadea dam began, forming Rushford Lake.
Pete D
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:45 am

Previous

Return to Arcade & Attica Railroad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests