Beverly A. Birk 1939-2018

Railroad items for sale and wanted. Oldest listings will be periodically deleted. BUYER BEWARE: RAILROAD.NET is not responsible for any private or public transactions between members, and will not vouch for the validity of any materials described herein.

Beverly A. Birk 1939-2018

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 pm

It is my sad duty to report to this Forum the passing of Beverly Birk this past Monday. Beverly was active within the railroadiana/collectibles community for many years. I had the privilege to have known Beverly for the past forty years. May she rest in peace:

https://www.murdochfuneralhome.com/m/ob ... k/Memories
Bev spent the majority of her life chasing and collecting train memorabilia with Phil. Together, Bev, Phil, and their daughters ran the Kane County RailRoadiana Show for 30 years. She was an animal lover and especially enjoyed cats. Anyone who had the opportunity to know Bev was lucky to have known a strong woman with a huge heart. She will be greatly missed by her friends and family.
Gilbert B Norman

Re: Beverly A. Birk 1939-2018

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:12 am

From Holiday Inn Express Coralville IA (IAIS "Rooms with a view)--

Beverly's wake was last evening at a restaurant in Amana; I've known the family since about '70. The urn was there, and some of the railroadiana she had collected over a lifetime. Photos of others.

Not there was the ex-NYC "PV" she once owned.

All told, a great send off to a special lady.
Gilbert B Norman

Return to Railroadania For Sale and Want Ads