New Operator for the Stourbridge Line?

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

Re: New Operator for the Stourbridge Line?

Postby EMD8165 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks! A lot of time, money and effort has gone into restoring the railroad to operation. I assure you, there is more to come. The official website will be updated as trips are planned and allow you to see when they run and buy tickets online.

http://www.thestourbridgeline.net
EMD8165

Postby bvesbc » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Excursion service to Lackawaxen officially resumes this Saturday July 25th details on the website, and Facebook!!
Upright and on the rail any deviation from this is a problem.
bvesbc

Postby SemperFidelis » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:40 pm

On a recent trainwatching outing my sons noticed that the old ChromaTube building in Whites Mills, PA is being rehabilitated. Does anyone know what is moving in? I suppose if it were a rail related business someone would have posted with a very, very happy post by now.

The siding is overgrown still, of course, but the main body of the building is having extensive work done upon it. A fe years ago Al Siebold from M&E pointed me to the place in pursuit of frac sand drying locations, but (as usual) someone backed out of the funding package at the last minute. Al was a great help, though. Hopefully someone with a similar idea, and more stable funding partners, is running with the idea.

The soonest I'll be out in that direction on a weekday, when I might run into a work crew and be able to ask what's up, is Tuesday. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
SemperFidelis

Postby SemperFidelis » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Well, Google and the Wayne Independent conspired to burst my bubble with great vigor. Turns out a small, rather high priced, woodworking company is moving from thier location in Honesdale to the former Chromatube Plant:

http://m.wayneindependent.com/article/2 ... /141009841

I suppose we could all keep our fingers very tightly crossed that they'll have enough business to justify a bulkhead flat of lumber at a time.

Dang. I could've used some good news.
SemperFidelis

Postby FLRailFan1 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:50 pm

SemperFidelis wrote:Well, Google and the Wayne Independent conspired to burst my bubble with great vigor. Turns out a small, rather high priced, woodworking company is moving from thier location in Honesdale to the former Chromatube Plant:

http://m.wayneindependent.com/article/2 ... /141009841

I suppose we could all keep our fingers very tightly crossed that they'll have enough business to justify a bulkhead flat of lumber at a time.

Dang. I could've used some good news.

The good news is that the railroad is running...:-)
FLRailFan1

Postby Matt Johnson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Matt Johnson

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania Railfan