Eddystone PA, SW900 moved in July. MUST FIND IT!

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

Eddystone PA, SW900 moved in July. MUST FIND IT!

Postby RaritanRiverFan4 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:32 am

I rarely make posts on this forum. However I recently received information from a friend that an SW900 diesel engine was moved out of the Eddystone, PA power plant around July of this year. I and many others agree that this diesel was formerly of the Raritan River Railroad in South Amboy, NJ. As a member of the Raritan River Chapter of the NRHS, I need to find out where this engine went. If it was scrapped or sold into private ownership are the questions I'm asking. If anyone can help me or has any idea about where it went, please let me know. Thanks.
RaritanRiverFan4

Re: Eddystone PA, SW900 moved in July. MUST FIND IT!

Postby John_Perkowski » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Google is your friend.

Liberty Electric Power Company LLC currently owns this plant. The phone number is (610) 872-2300. I would call them, ask to speak to the operations manager, and find out about disposition. It appears that the plant ceased using coal before 2010, which would make an on-property switcher redundant.
~John Perkowski: Moderator: General Discussion: Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Equipment
Assistant Administrator: Railroad.net/forums
Please don't feed the spammers! If you see spam, please notify a Moderator
John_Perkowski

Postby lvrr325 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:08 pm

What was it's Conrail number? What number does it bear now?
lvrr325

Postby Ken W2KB » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:08 pm

John_Perkowski wrote:Google is your friend.

Liberty Electric Power Company LLC currently owns this plant. The phone number is (610) 872-2300. I would call them, ask to speak to the operations manager, and find out about disposition. It appears that the plant ceased using coal before 2010, which would make an on-property switcher redundant.

The generating station is actually owned by Dynegy, Inc, a very large independent energy company which owns generation in nine states. Liberty as a LLC is 100% owned by Dynegy and undoubtedly in that legal form for purposes of limitation of liability to the assets of that station. Could also try media relations at Dynegy. 713.767.5800

https://www.dynegy.com/
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 :: Cessna 177B Cardinal N16019
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: My Personal Site
Ken W2KB

Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA

Return to Pennsylvania Railfan