B&O depot moved to Nunda?

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

B&O depot moved to Nunda?

Postby nydepot » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Not affiliated with this auction. I believe they are saying this is a small B&O depot/shelter that was moved to Nunda. Anyone know anything about this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Slide-RR-Train-NY-NRHS-B-O-Depot-station-Nunda-House-home-old-classic/273018388342?hash=item3f9129ff76:g:eIcAAOSwAU5aVUbx
nydepot

Re: B&O depot moved to Nunda?

Postby pumpers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Ha! When I first quickly read your post I thought the actual shelter was being auctioned off. Then i clicked wondering if I had a spot for it in my backyard (and what my wife would say), but it was just a slide. JS
pumpers

Postby Old & Weary » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 am

More than likely, its a small office/shed used by one of the oil or coal dealers which were served by the PRR stub which went into Nunda from the Rochester Branch or it could be a small building used by the PRR itself. Without seeing more of the background, its hard to put it in context or tell if it is actually Nunda. The person taking the slide could have been confused over their location or the history of railroads in the area. The structure looks like it has been in place for awhile. Moving a building from the nearest B&O trackage over the hills to Nunda would have been a considerable effort.
Old & Weary

Postby nydepot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:24 am

Pretty small building. It's like the size of Chase on the BR&P.
nydepot

Return to New York State Railfan