Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

Re: Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

Postby Ken W2KB » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:42 pm

RAILFEST! New for 2018, will take place on Saturday, June 9th. For details, please see: http://www.blackriverrailroad.com/railfest
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]
Ken W2KB

Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA

Postby brwfan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Going to the fair the other night passed ringoed station. Saw a new loco sitting there. Looked like a sw1500. Anyone have any information on it, it's heritage where it came from ect. Thanks
brwfan

Postby liftedjeep » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:40 pm

brwfan wrote:Going to the fair the other night passed ringoed station. Saw a new loco sitting there. Looked like a sw1500. Anyone have any information on it, it's heritage where it came from ect. Thanks

http://trainspot.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... id=5001567

1956 rebuilt from an SW/ex-Great Lakes Steel #7, Relco #904, Met Ed 9009

Ben
Check out my photo collection! : http://bkranefeld.rrpicturearchives.net
liftedjeep

Location: Along the former Camden & Burlington County Railroad

Postby CR7876 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:01 am

BDRV SW900 #9009 will be sent to replace BDRV SW900 #908 on lease to KinderMorgan at Newport News, VA. Not known if #908 will come back to the BR&W. The BR&W has been leasing SW1 #400 from PRRLLC for freight duties.

#9009 came from the Portland PA Power Plant.
CR7876

Postby brwfan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:53 am

Thank you. Was it at Portland recently. I did work there in the spring and all the track is in place. only one tanker there that looks like it's been sitting forever. Tried to get a look in the engine shop there but it was always closed up.
brwfan

Postby CR7876 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:17 am

The BRRHT has placed DL&W car #605 (former BR&W #305) Back into revenue service.
CR7876

Postby liftedjeep » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Per the Black River & Western RR Facebook page, the line has finally been cleared all the way to Lambertville Station!!

Ben
Attachments
20190409_232635.jpg
Check out my photo collection! : http://bkranefeld.rrpicturearchives.net
liftedjeep

Location: Along the former Camden & Burlington County Railroad

Postby dlagrua » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 pm

We were in Lambertville last week and the line was in fact clear going into town. The railroad is apparently running a rail inspection vehicle (a truck w railroad wheels) periodically but my guess is that more ties need to be replaced before a train can arrive. Its very exciting to see the progress and it will be more exciting when the first train in about 25 years is able to make the Flemington to Lambertville trip. My guess is that the railroad needs to raise more funds to purchase ties to finish the line. Sure wish that NJT, NS or CSX would donate them.
dlagrua

Postby Ken W2KB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 pm

dlagrua wrote:We were in Lambertville last week and the line was in fact clear going into town. The railroad is apparently running a rail inspection vehicle (a truck w railroad wheels) periodically but my guess is that more ties need to be replaced before a train can arrive. Its very exciting to see the progress and it will be more exciting when the first train in about 25 years is able to make the Flemington to Lambertville trip. My guess is that the railroad needs to raise more funds to purchase ties to finish the line. Sure wish that NJT, NS or CSX would donate them.

Thank you. It should be noted that the railroad itself, a for-profit company, is not the entity that is refurbishing the line to restore passenger service. That work, and expenditures, is by the Black River Railroad Historical Trust, Inc., an all-volunteer not for profit tax exempt organization qualified under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3). More information about the project, together with a link to donate money to the Historical Trust, can be seen here: https://www.blackriverrailroad.com/alexauken-division
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]
Ken W2KB

Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA

Previous

Return to New Jersey Railfan