NS H-02 - sightings and reports

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

NS H-02 - sightings and reports

Postby General » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:05 pm

Since there has been numerous threads about the NS H-02, I figure we should start one topic for folks to share their H-02 sightings, stories, pictures, etc rather that start a new topic everday someone sees the H-02.

To start, the NS H-02 delivered the IBCX 2029 to the M&E interchange at Lake Junction. This is the six axle Alco that is discussed in another thread.
Tomorrow the NS H-02 is suppossed to go to Reheis in the morning then head to the Newark City Subway to drill Hartz. The red Conrail caboose will most likely be used for both drills. Today the NS H-02 ran west to Washington with the red Conrail caboose, then east to the Totowa Spur.
General
 

Postby ajt » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:04 pm

Friday was certainly a banner day for infrequent freight ops. H81 went up to Emerson on the Pascack, and H02 visited both the P&D and Orange Branch.
ajt
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:11 pm

Postby nick11a » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 am

Here's some shots I've collected of the H02 in my travels.

http://rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=9533
~Nick O.: Moderator: NJT Rail

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!
User avatar
nick11a
 
Posts: 9759
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: North Central Jersey

Postby washingtonsecondary » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:56 pm

This morning, H02 was sitting outlawed in Hackettstown just west of the crossing. 2 engines, looked like 13 or 14 cars, no caboose.
washingtonsecondary
 

Postby ajt » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Are you sure it was H02 at Hackettstown? Heard H02 at Clare at about 1pm heading down to the Orange Branch; they were back on the Montclair-Boonton line heading west at 245p.
ajt
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:11 pm

Postby General » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:21 pm

washingtonsecondary wrote:This morning, H02 was sitting outlawed in Hackettstown just west of the crossing. 2 engines, looked like 13 or 14 cars, no caboose.


No caboose? Did someone steal it? The H-02 had it yesterday when departing Washington. Maybe it was left elsewhere.
General
 

Postby nick11a » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:54 pm

General wrote:
washingtonsecondary wrote:This morning, H02 was sitting outlawed in Hackettstown just west of the crossing. 2 engines, looked like 13 or 14 cars, no caboose.


No caboose? Did someone steal it? The H-02 had it yesterday when departing Washington. Maybe it was left elsewhere.


Haha. Somebody stealing the caboose. Well, in all fairness, there was that guy who tried to steal that LIRR engine a few months back.
~Nick O.: Moderator: NJT Rail

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!
User avatar
nick11a
 
Posts: 9759
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: North Central Jersey

Postby washingtonsecondary » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 am

ajt wrote:Are you sure it was H02 at Hackettstown? Heard H02 at Clare at about 1pm heading down to the Orange Branch; they were back on the Montclair-Boonton line heading west at 245p.


It was 7 in the morning when I spotted it. So they had plenty of time to get to the Orange Branch.

As for the caboose, since it is hard to see the entire length of the train when it sits at the crossing at the station, it could have been on the rear and I just didn't see it.
washingtonsecondary
 

Postby ajt » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:25 pm

H02 at Mountain View today, 225pm.
ajt
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:11 pm

Postby RichM » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Yup, was switching Boonton at about 1.
RichM
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:04 am

Postby njt4172 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:40 pm

ajt wrote:H02 at Mountain View today, 225pm.


Anyone know how many customers are left on the Totowa Industrial Spur?? The only one I can think of is Omega Warehouse, but there could be more......

Thanks,
Steve
njt4172
 

Postby General » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:21 pm

The NS H-02 will be heading west to Washington on sunday. There are also several cars to be picked up from the M&E interchange at Lake Junction.
Today the H-02 was drilling at Boonton and then shoved to Mountain View to drill on the Totowa.
General
 

Postby Otto Vondrak » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Notice the conductor is wearing an EL shirt in this one?

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=276660

-otto-
----------------------------------------------
Moderator: New York State Railfan :: New York Central :: Toy Trains
NYW&B Fan Site :: A Magazine I Read Often :: A Museum I Volunteer At
User avatar
Otto Vondrak
 
Posts: 20144
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: New York

Postby washingtonsecondary » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:39 pm

General wrote:The NS H-02 will be heading west to Washington on sunday. There are also several cars to be picked up from the M&E interchange at Lake Junction.
Today the H-02 was drilling at Boonton and then shoved to Mountain View to drill on the Totowa.


Any idea what time they are marked to be on duty and head to Washington?
washingtonsecondary
 

Postby nick11a » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:02 am

Otto Vondrak wrote:Notice the conductor is wearing an EL shirt in this one?

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=276660

-otto-


Yeah, I noticed it right away when I took the shot.
~Nick O.: Moderator: NJT Rail

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!
User avatar
nick11a
 
Posts: 9759
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: North Central Jersey

Next

Return to New Jersey Railfan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests