Sheffield Steel Sand Springs,OK

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

Sheffield Steel Sand Springs,OK

Postby scharnhorst » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 am

I came across this SW-?? down in Sapulpa, OK on Feb 22, 2014 dose anyone know anything about this unit? The cab number is 113 there was a set of reporting marks on the cab but they were in such bad shape that I could not read them. I'm wondering if anyone has a history on this unit.
Attachments
DSC07867.JPG
no matter the weather or the country I'll still be trackside!
scharnhorst

Re: Sheffield Steel Sand Springs,OK

Postby BR&P » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Is that on display, or a parts unit? Very obviously not usable at it sits!
BR&P

Postby scharnhorst » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 pm

BR&P wrote:Is that on display, or a parts unit? Very obviously not usable at it sits!

The track that the loco is siting on is at the Vary end of the Tulsa & Sapulpa Union Railroad. The main line crosses over the street on the Cab side of the switcher and go's directly into the Locomotive storage shed. I just learned that this unit is being fixed up by the TSU crews and will be heading to the East coast I do not know who bought it.
no matter the weather or the country I'll still be trackside!
scharnhorst

Postby Zanperk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:58 pm

That's the closed steel mill in Sand Springs. They (Gerdau Ameristeel) own the Sand Springs Railway.
Zanperk

Return to Midwestern Railfan