Amtrak 21st Street Interlocking

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

Amtrak 21st Street Interlocking

Postby commissioner » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Is there anyone that knows what freight trains go through the 21st street interlocking in Chicago? I'm updating a train dispatcher territory and would like it to be relatively accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
commissioner

Re: Amtrak 21st Street Interlocking

Postby charlie6017 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I think I may ship this topic to the "Mid-Western" forum to maybe see if someone there can help. There
will still be a "shadow topic" in this forum so that it still can be accessed here as well.

Good luck!

Charlie
~Charlie Ricker
charlie6017

Postby Tadman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 pm

There are quite a few run-throughs there. I don't know who legally has rights to do what, but I've seen BNSF coal trains come through and UP locals on their way to G-1. Also, you've got NS locals coming to serve the paper place at 14th street. I think CNIC is pretty quiet these days due to the EJ&E takeover, but there's still a few trains coming through.

South Shore freight has rights left over from the days it owned CM&W, but I don't know that they've come through in a long time. Most freight is handled through B&OCT Barr Yard for them.

Far as I'm aware, CP, CSX, and the belt lines never come through here.
Tadman

Postby CN_Hogger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

CN has at least 4 daily trains. M335, M337, M338 & L536. Odd numbers go West.

CN_Hogger
CN_Hogger

Return to Midwestern Railfan