Poughkeepsie (city) NY - Walkway Elevator

General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.

Moderator: railtrailbiker

Poughkeepsie (city) NY - Walkway Elevator

Postby bigK » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 am

a few weeks ago,March 5,I went down to Water Street to see if there was any construction related activity with both Upper Landing park and the Walkway elevator

there was construction fencing along along Water street in front of the old Hoffman house - other than the fencing there was no construction equipment in place and no other signs of construction activity

for a full report of the above,and activity at the old Dutton lumber yard,and pictures please visit my
Hudson Valley - cycling adventures and trailway reports blog
bigK

Re: Poughkeepsie (city) NY - Walkway Elevator

Postby bigK » Sun May 26, 2013 2:07 pm

construction is underway as of 05-22-13

on my recent visits to the Walkway - 5/18 for the ceremony honoring Fred Schaeffer as the Rails To Trails Conservancy 2013 RT Champion and a return during the week for construction activity.I obtained a Walkway (org) membership card - on it was an artist's conception of what the elevator will look like - also I had learned from this card that there will be an ampitheater in the park that is being built

SOUTH SIDE VIEWS

from the Walkway deck at the point where the elevartor access will be (top) looking down

wide angle view from the Walkway deck of Upper Landing Park construction

at river level - close up view of bridge in area of future elevator taken from the Mid Hudson Children's Museum across the Fallkill Creek

NORTH SIDE VIEW

wide angle view of the BCI elevator construction staging area - BCI is the company awarded the contract to build the elevator
bigK

Re: Poughkeepsie (city) NY - Walkway Elevator

Postby bigK » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:24 pm

07-17-2013

the Walkway elevator tower is now almost complete

the above photo was taken Fri. 07-12

and just 4 days later the above photo - work on the basic tower,top deck frame,and the frame for the elevator,is progressing
rapidly
bigK

Return to Rail Trails