General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:24 pm
- Location: Bergen County, NJ
http://albany.bizjournals.com/albany/st ... ily38.html
New York state will use more than $738,000 in federal money to develop new multi-use trails in Albany County and expand public access to a Saratoga County historic site, Gov. George Pataki announced Thursday.
The Land and Water Conservation Fund grants include $350,000 to help Albany County acquire a nine-mile section of an abandoned rail line running from the Port of Albany, through Delmar and Slingerlands to Voorheesville. The county will work with Scenic Hudson, a nonprofit private group, to convert the rail bed to a multi-use trail.
Agent at Clicquot
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:56 pm
- Location: A stone's through from Clicquot, MA
I've seen this route while driving between Albany and Selkirk. It goes through a reasonably deep valley.
I would've liked to shot trains on this route ... biking it will be cool, too.
* JB *
- Posts: 3827
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:20 am
- Location: Potsdam, NY
Anybody know the name or status of this trail?
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:59 pm
- Location: Trois-Rivières,QC Canada A town between Montreal and Quebec City
Which railroad company using this former railroad track before abandonment ?
- Posts: 1562
- Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:11 am
This was the Albany Main of the D&H.