Wheelspur Recon 5/26th

Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

Wheelspur Recon 5/26th

Postby DaveBarraza » Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Walked on my feet to Wheelspur and looked with my eyes from a publicly accessible location:

The switching lead has been cut back to a new bumper block, and the eastern section has been connected to C secondary with a new switch. There are two tracks in Wheelspur, one follows the perimeter, and one runs next to the two buildings.

It seems logical that they would be double ended, along with the switching lead as well, but I can't see any evidence (yet) of connections at the DB bridge end.

DaveBarraza

Re: Wheelspur Recon 5/26th

Postby DogBert » Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Nice map. I drove by there the other day - that west end switch follows an old alignment of a track that was buried in the asphalt. Going to be nice to see freight being switched down there.

It will be a little silly if they don't add an east end switch.
DogBert

Postby DaveBarraza » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Haven't walked it, but from driving over the Pulaski it sure seems like the two new Wheelspur tracks now come together and rejoin the main right before the swing bridge.
DaveBarraza

Postby DogBert » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Crews still working on this today. The lot looks a whole lot better than it used to (after the hurricane & fire).
DogBert

Return to New York & Atlantic Railway/NYNJ Rail