Painted Post and Coopers Plains Observations New Business

Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

Painted Post and Coopers Plains Observations New Business

Postby K4Pacific » Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 am

B&H - Coopers Plains - Prairie Sand is building a 240 car sand transfer facility. Also, Coopers Plains at Mill St. B&H is building a 2 stall four engine - engine house presumably to handle the exponential traffic growth.

Painted Post Ingersoll Rand facility water trains run by Myles Group on B&H.  A large loading facility is being built. Holding siding next to the end of street running and several tracks into facility. A million gallons a day out of the municipal water system. Expected start up June 1st. The water trains will go to Wellsboro Jct. to fill two - 3 million gallon tanks.
Proficient on the Southern Tier Line, The former PRR Elmira Branch, A little LV, A lot of EL, And of course, the Corning Secondary. Someone always knows more than me. Remember the Binghamton yardmaster that routinely said in a high voice, "No! No! No! That's not what I told you to do!"?
K4Pacific

Re: Painted Post and Coopers Plains Observations New Busines

Postby RS-3 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow. I guess we know now what the RS-18 is for.

I wonder if the sand can be routed via the WNY&P?

I also wonder if train operations will be moved to the new engine house, cutting down unneeded trips west of Bath?

RS
RS-3

Re: Painted Post and Coopers Plains Observations New Busines

Postby sarabliss50 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I was told, plans are run B&H 416 and LAL 424 out of Coopers Plains Shop, WNYP 417 is heading for Meadville to Oil City line
sarabliss50

Return to Livonia, Avon, & Lakeville Family (LAL, BH, WNYP)